Get in touch
0800 292 2036

Long Residence Application. Scotland

Get in touch

If you have lived lawfully in the UK for at least 10 years, you can make a long residence application.

If successful, you will be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. This means you can live and work in the UK, without any time restrictions.

To be eligible to make a long residence application you must:

  • Have lived in the UK for at least 10 years.
  • Have legal permission to stay in the UK.
  • Have followed all residence order rules.
  • Pass a Life in the UK test.
  • Prove you have sufficient knowledge of the English language.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

The 10-year period begins from the date you arrived in the UK with a valid visa, or were granted permission to stay in the UK.

Our experienced immigration solicitors can guide you through the residence order rules and support you throughout the application process.

Contact Jones Whyte today.

Paperwork needed

To support your long residence application, you will need to provide various documents to the Home Office. These include:

  • A current passport or another form of photo ID.
  • A Biometric Residence Permit, if you have one.
  • All previous passports you have held when living in the UK.

You may also need to supply other documents such as tenancy agreements, utility bills and proof of employment.

If any documents aren’t in English or Welsh, you will need to supply a certified translation of these.

Having the correct paperwork is very important to your application. An experienced immigration solicitor from Jones Whyte will be able to support you and ensure you have all the correct documentation.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Other immigration services

Jones Whyte have helped with many different immigration cases. These include:

Contact Jones Whyte immigration lawyers today.

Meet the experts

At Jones Whyte, we have years of experience and success dealing with immigration law cases.

Meet the whole team

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.