Get in touch
0800 292 2041

Claim For Accidents In Hotels, Bars or Clubs, Scotland

Get in touch

It is an unfortunate fact that there is a risk of personal injury anywhere, and the place where the accident takes place can define who is responsible.

If you suffer an accident in a hotel, bar or pub, it is generally the owner who is responsible. After all, they have a duty of care towards their customers. If they fail in that duty, they could be liable for hotel accident claims.

Hotels and bars can be risky places. The combination of dimmed lights, easily spilt drinks, alcohol and high spirits increases the risk of falling, slipping or being injured by broken glass.

Bar and hotel owners need to take reasonable steps to reduce this risk. These can include:

  • Ensuring empty glasses and bottles are tidied away.
  • Cleaning up spillages promptly.
  • Make sure floors are free of trip hazards.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

The occupiers’ liability law means they must take steps to reduce risks. 

Making a hotel accident injury compensation claim

You generally have three years to make a personal injury claim, however, if you are making a hotel accident injury compensation claim, it makes sense to start the claim as quickly as possible.

This makes it easier to investigate the circumstances of the accident and gather evidence. It also reduces the chances that businesses will change hands, which can complicate matters.

Our experienced personal injury lawyers will be able to support you every step of the way, from the initial meeting to agreeing and receiving compensation.

Contact Jones Whyte today to begin your claim.

Overseas hotel injury claims

If you have been injured on holiday, you can still make the claim in Scotland.

However, our courts will look at local standards when deciding who is responsible.

These standards may be lower than the UK.

Whatever the nature of your hotel accident claim and wherever it happened, Jones Whyte, personal injury solicitors will be able to advise you.

Other personal injury claims

As we are experienced personal injury lawyers, we have handled many different claims, in many different circumstances.

Discover how our lawyers can help you in accidents that occurred in public places.

If you have suffered an accident shopping, see how we can help you with accidents that occurred in shops or supermarkets.

It doesn’t matter where an accident occurred, or even if you think your injuries are minor, Jones Whyte will be able to find who is responsible and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

Meet the experts

The highly experienced personal injury lawyers at Jones Whyte Law are ready to assist you with your claim.

Meet the whole team

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.