Get in touch
0800 292 2035

Child Law Solicitors Glasgow

Get in touch

Legal matters involving children require family lawyers who have a wealth of experience to ensure the right outcome for you and your family.

At Jones Whyte, our goal is to minimise the effect on the children, and provide fair and practical arrangements. We provide expert advice and have a team of family law solicitors ready to support you with making child arrangements.

  • A designated specialist to assist you every step of the way
  • Competitively priced fixed fees available
  • The option to defer payments
  • Transparency in our pricing and ongoing clear communication
  • Largest Family Law team in Glasgow

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

Child Arrangements

We can provide you with child law advice, no matter the situation, with the aim of achieving the best outcome.

Child Law – Residence

Residence (formerly known as ‘custody’) is the term used to describe with whom a child should live.

At Jones Whyte, we have extensive experience dealing with matters relating to children where parents and relevant parties cannot agree with whom the child should have their primary residence, or how much contact should take place with a non-resident parent or grandparent.

We understand that family disputes take place and we empathise with situations where one parent unfairly blocks contact or refuses to negotiate with the other. If you’re currently experiencing this, we would advise you to contact us so that we can provide you with full advice and assistance in relation to child law.

It is important that family disputes are dealt with in the best manner as they could potentially have future implications in relation to child contact and any financial assistance. If a child is under the age of 16, the financial agreements must be made to provide support for any children by both parties, regardless of which parent the child will live with. If the child is over the age of 16, it is important both parents detail how the child will be financially supported following from their separation.

Child Law Cases: Jones Whyte Can Assist With

Our team of child law solicitors have extensive experience in all aspects of child law and are able to assist with orders for:

  • Negotiating the children’s hearing system
  • Residence & Contact
  • Adoption
  • Matters related to child protection

If you believe it is in the best interests of the children involved to reside with you, then you can apply to the court for a Residence Order with the help of one of our child law solicitors. The court will assess the appropriateness of your request and the welfare of the child when considering whether or not to grant this.

It is important to note that, even if a court decides that the child should live with one parent and not the other, the non-resident parent still has parental rights and responsibilities.

Child Law – Contact

Anyone with an interest in the child can apply for a Contact Order. Formerly known as ‘access’, contact regulates how long and how often the child should have contact with the parent who does not have residence.

Contact Orders are the means by which the court steps in to see that the children of any relationship do not become marginalised by other family members who have decided they know what is best for the child. If you are a parent or other relevant person and are looking to have a more structured involvement in that child’s life, then contact our family law team to find out what steps can be taken to assist you with this.

Steps For The Child’s Parents To Take When Amending A Child Arrangement Order

Firstly, it is important the parent takes the time to think about what terms of the order they would like to amend and have a reason for doing so. Secondly, if a solicitor has been instructed, the parent should arrange a meeting with the solicitor to discuss any concerns. Lastly, any changes should be in the best interest of the child.

Jones Whyte’s Family Lawyers

By choosing our family lawyers it is more than legal representation – it is opting for a supportive partner. Our family lawyers understand the effects which separation and issues surrounding your child can have on your mental health and welfare. No matter which party we are acting for, our main priority is to provide expert advice in the best interest of the child.

Meet the Child Law Experts

Our sympathetic team of family law solicitors will assess your circumstances and provide guidance to ensure that you take the best course of action to resolve the situation.

Meet the whole team

Safeguarding the Welfare of the Child

Prioritising the child’s welfare is one of the top priorities for many reasons. Disputes amongst parents be very unsettling for children. However, the main part of the decision making should be supporting the child and making sure everything aligns with what is deemed to be best for the child’s well-being and their future.

How Jones Whyte Can Provide Assistance To Achieve The Best Outcome

At Jones Whyte, we have a team of family law solicitors who are highly experienced in resolving issues and handling legal cases. Get in touch with our child law solicitors today, and they can provide you with advice on the legal processes required for child law. You will be able to confidentially discuss your family matters with a solicitor who will handle your case with care and compassion during this challenging time.

Our aim is to assist you in finding a resolution that prioritises the best outcome for your child.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Other |Family Law Advice

The family law team at Jones Whyte have experience in many different areas. Our specialist solicitors can advise on:

Contact Jones Whyte today, to discuss any family law matters.

Questions you might have

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.