Get in touch
0800 292 2036

Hong Kong Visa, Scotland

Get in touch

The Hong Kong visa allows those with British National (Overseas) status, who live and work in Hong Kong, to come to the UK, along with their immediate family.

Hong Kong visa holders can work, study and settle in the UK.

Visa holders will be able to apply for settled status after five years of residency in the UK and can apply for citizenship after a further year.

BN(O) status is a form of British nationality created for people from Hong Kong, so they could retain a form of British nationality after the handover in 1997. 

If you apply for a Hong Kong visa, you will be expected to be able to support yourself and your dependents, with no reliance on public funds.

You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer when applying for a Hong Kong visa

Jones Whyte are highly experienced immigration solicitors and have handled a wide range of visa applications.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.


To apply for a Hong Kong visa, you will need to prove your British National (Overseas) status.

You will also need a valid travel document or passport.

You will be able to apply online and should expect a response within 12 weeks.

Working with an immigration lawyer helps ensure your application is processed correctly and removes any delays.

Contact Jones Whyte today.


If you apply for a Hong Kong visa, you and your family can come to the UK. Eligible family members include:

  • A spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner.
  • Children (under the age of 18).
  • Adult children born on or after 1 July 1997 (and their spouse, or child under the age of 18).
  • Other family members (parents, grandparents, siblings) in exceptional circumstances where there is a high level of dependency.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Other immigration services

As highly experienced immigration lawyers, Jones Whyte have dealt with a wide range of issues. These include:

Whatever immigration issues you are facing, Jones Whyte will be able to help.

Meet the experts

At Jones Whyte, we have years of experience and success dealing with immigration law cases.

Meet the whole team

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.