Get in touch
0800 292 2000

Adult Dependant Visa, Scotland

Get in touch

If you want to bring elderly parents to the UK, you can apply for an Adult Dependant Relative Visa, also known as an Adult Dependent Relative Visa or the ADR Route.

The UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa is available to those who do not qualify for other visa types, such as investor or ancestry visas.

The UK Adult Dependent Visa is available to those who do not qualify for other visa types, such as investor or ancestry visas.

At Jones Whyte, our specialist Adult Dependent Visa solicitors will discuss the visa requirements with you, so you can see if this is the right option for you.

Contact us today.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

Eligibility For Adult Dependent Relative Visa

To be eligible for an Adult Dependant Visa, the applicant must have a sponsor. The sponsor must be:

  • A British citizen.
  • Irish.
  • Have Indefinite Leave to Remain, Settled Status or the Right of Abode.
  • Have Pre-Settled Status.
  • Be a Refugee or under Humanitarian Protection.

The applicant must also meet certain criteria. They must be related to the sponsor, as:

  • A parent who is aged 18 years or over.
  • Grandparent.
  • Brother or Sister who is aged 18 years or over.
  • Son or Daughter who is aged 18 years or over.

The sponsor must be settled in the UK.

Contact Jones Whyte to make sure you are eligible for an Adult Dependant Visa.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Meet the team

At Jones Whyte we have a dedicated team with expert solicitors based in Glasgow’s city centre

Meet the whole team

Other Immigration Services

As experienced immigration solicitors, Jones Whyte routinely deal with a wide range of issues. These include:

  • Assisting with access to the National Health Service for visa holders, including guidance on the Immigration Health Surcharge.
  • Advising on eligibility and restrictions related to public funds for adult dependents.
  • Helping clients satisfy UK Visas and Immigration requirements for the Adult Dependent Relative visa.
  • Providing comprehensive support for all matters related to UK Visas, including costs, requirements, and the appeal process.

Contact Jones Whyte for assistance with any visa types.

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.