Get in touch
0800 292 2036

UK Parent Visa Solicitors, Scotland

Get in touch

The Parent Visa route is one way British nationals can bring parents living outside the UK to the country.

There are some restrictions in place on who can apply for a Parent Visa. As immigration law is a very complex area, it makes sense to consult with experienced immigration law solicitors to ensure you are eligible.

Contact Jones Whyte for a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

Parent visa – requirements

To be eligible to apply for a Parent Visa, you must be the parent of the child who is either a British national or resident in the UK with no immigration restrictions or have spent seven consecutive years living in the UK.

As the parent, you must:

  • Be currently living outside of the UK.
  • Be over the age of 18 years old.
  • Be separate from the other parent of the child resident in the UK.
  • Be self-sufficient on arrival to the UK.
  • Be able to speak English adequately – (CEFR A1)
  • Provide evidence that they have already and will continue to take an active role in their child’s upbringing.
  • Provide evidence if there is shared responsibility of a child such as a court order.

The Home Office will only seek to approve applications if you are going to take an active role in your child’s life. It is vital that you can display this.

Contact our immigrant solicitors team, who will be able to assist with the application process.

Application process

Applications for Parent Visas from outside of the UK must be completed online along with the accompanying VAF4A application form. 

Applications from inside the UK can be done online or by post. 

It is also possible to advance your application through a premium service centre where you fill out the relevant form before booking an appointment.

Documents to support your application include:

  • Valid passport with space to affix visa.
  • Copies of previous passports.
  • Proof of English Language Requirement.
  • Proof of financial sufficiency.
  • Proof of parental responsibilities.

Further supporting documents include:

  • Your full name.
  • Date of birth.
  • Previous immigration applications.
  • Any criminal convictions.
  • Accredited translations of any documents not in English.
  • Tuberculosis test result (if travelling from a country where the UK requires a TB testing certificate).

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Other immigration services

As the leading immigration solicitors in Scotland, Jones Whyte have dealt with a wide range of cases. These include:

Whatever your immigration situation, contact Jones Whyte today.

Meet the experts

At Jones Whyte, we have years of experience and success dealing with immigration law cases.

Meet the whole team

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.