Get in touch
0800 292 2041

Claims for accidents in public places, Scotland

Get in touch

Accidents in public areas are very common, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t claim compensation, or that no one is responsible when accidents happen.

In fact, if you suffer an accident in a public place, it could be down to the negligence of the local authority or the owner responsible for maintaining the area where the accident happened.

For example, if you are injured by tripping on a pothole, you could claim against whoever is responsible for fixing them. This could be the council or a private company. If you fall at work, you may have a claim if your employer has failed to comply with health and safety obligations.

If you have an accident on public transport, you could make a claim against the transport company, or the local authority, depending on the nature of the accident.

Find out more about claims for accidents on public transport.

Our experienced solicitors have won many accidents in public places claims. We will fully investigate the accident to identify who is responsible and to progress your claim.

Contact Us

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your case.

Contact Us

Get in contact with our experienced legal professionals today for support with your case.

Get in touch

Accidents in public places – claims process

You generally have three years from the date of an accident to make a claim. It makes sense to begin your claim as quickly as possible.

The sooner the claim begins, the easier it is to gather evidence.

Our team of solicitors have dealt with many claims for accidents in public places. They will take you through the claims process and be on hand every step of the way.

We can try and resolve things out of court. However, if litigation is necessary, then you can be confident you have the right representation when you claim for accidents in public areas with Jones Whyte.

It doesn’t matter where the accident occurred, or how minor you consider your injuries, if you have been injured in an accident in a public place, and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.

Types of public accident claims

“Public places” can clearly cover a wide range of environments and each has different things to consider when making a claim for an accident in a public place.

You can rest assured that our experienced personal injury lawyers have the experience needed to deal with your claim, wherever it happened, including:

  • slips and falls in supermarkets.
  • accidents on public transport.
  • accidents in hotels, bars, and pubs.

Wherever your accident happened, the personal injury team at Jones Whyte are here to help.

Meet the experts

The highly experienced personal injury lawyers at Jones Whyte Law are ready to assist you with your claim.

Meet the whole team

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2024 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.