Get in touch
0800 292 2000

Spouse & Fiancé Visas – The Ultimate Guide

September 1, 2020 Immigration,Personal Injury Claims

It is often referred to as a UK marriage visa. This visa allows married partners of UK citizens, ordinarily resident in the UK and have no immigration restriction, to immigrate to the UK.

This visa allows non-UK nationals to enter the UK with the opportunity to marry or enter a civil partnership with their British partner who is ordinarily resident in the UK and have no immigration restriction.

Failing to marry within the 6 month validity period of the visa may result in you facing deportation proceedings.

Once you have married your partner, you can then apply to switch from a Fiancé Visa to a Spouse Visa, which will allow you the right to both live and work within the UK.  This application can be made within the UK and will give you a grant for 30 months.

If you are looking to gain either a Spouse or Fiancé Visa, our dedicated are on hand to help. Contact us today on or 0141 375 1222.

Contact Us

Speak to one of our experience legal team, and get responsive, clear, and straightforward legal advice and support.

Get in touch

Copyright © Jones Whyte 2023 | SC738324 | All Rights Reserved.

We are authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland ( and Solicitors Regulation Authority (
A list of members of our firm is available upon request from our Registered Office at The Connect Building, 3rd Floor, 59 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 2DH

Responsive Website Design, Development & Hosting by mtc.